Monday, November 2, 2009

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS HONEY!

Every child has times when someone is picking on them or just plain treating them wrong. When I was a teenager, a girlfriend went out with the boy that I thought at the time belonged to me. I was heartbroken and ran to tell my grandmother who always heard all of my secrets back then. I said, "Oh, Mom," (that's what I called my grandmother) "she was suppose to be my friend! Now, she and the other girls are snubbing me!"
After I had gotten my cry out, she looked at me and said, "I will give you the same advise I got when I was your age, and that is ....Kill them with kindness honey!" I nodded even though I did not for one minute think it would work.
The next day and for two days after that, each time I saw any of those girls including the one that deceived me, I went out of my way to speak, be friendly and try to help them if needed. By the end of the third day they were all my dear friends and the girl dumped the two timing boy saying that she couldn't stand anyone that would treat a sweet girl like me that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment